The Weather We Left Behind

Click for Elkhart, Indiana Forecast

Our Current Location and Weather

Click for Elkhart, Indiana Forecast

Tuesday

Day 29

Another beautiful day in the desert of Southern California. About 75 today with high, thin clouds - call it fair.

My back was better but not ready for a hike. As predicted, Ellen took off without me and made the 3 hour round-trip trek.

Following are her pictures and her comments.

Tomorrow, Tuesday, we pack up and head towards Las Vegas stopping in Laughlin, NV or Needles, CA to overnight before a two night stay (Wed & Thu) in Vegas. We'll hook up with Patty and Laurie Friday around noon and drive the 160 miles to Zion National Park for their 3 day vacation.

Our daily dog picture. Izzy is chillin' out & watching soap operas.


Jim and I did the canyon hike 2 years ago on our first visit to Borrego Springs. This truly is a desert oasis in a canyon. Too bad he couldn't make the hike. Guess I will have to find a younger man who can hang with me! Unfortunately, I am not that savvy with the blog. The pictures are out of sync but, nonetheless the scenery is incredible! This is what I encountered along the way. The desert is in bloom and beautiful. I even got to see a herd of Bighorn sheep. Around 20 of them in all. From babies to the Big Buck with curved horns and his "women". They are incredibly agile on the sides of the mountain. I guess I got really lucky because it is rare to see them. Not close enough for me to take pictures but what a treat! Anyway, hope you enjoy the California Fan Palms as they are indigenous to this state.


















3 comments:

  1. Awesome landscape scenery pictures.You have a photographic eye, plus surrounded by all that natural beauty. Are those hairy Palm Trees? Have fun with the ladies! Love you all-Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those trees! It looks like the girls are having a TON of fun :)Still miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, sorry about your back. That's terrable! Ellen, you did a great job with the commentary and pictures. Thanks so much. Did you do the hike by yourself or was this with a group? You're very brave if by yourself. I showed Mazzy the pictures of the girls. Love to all, sister Beth

    ReplyDelete